|photo by jeanineomg|
It’s HOT!! Travelers are clamoring for ways to escape the record-setting heat wave this summer. Here are some ideas to beat the heat… and maybe even learn to appreciate it.
- Fontainebleau Miami Beach hotel has developed an adults-only popsicle that combines the cool refreshing summer treat with a little “pop”—Grey Goose vodka. If you’re not headed to Florida, they’ve shared the recipes, so be sure to set aside some freezer space.
- Pack up the cooler, the bug spray, the boogie board, and the s’mores supplies and go beach camping. Watch the skies as two meteor showers collide—peaking in late July and early August.
- Head indoors for several hours’ worth of deliciously cool air conditioning at one of these top-ranked museums.
- Try the cold sauna treatment at Sparkling Hill Resort in British Columbia, Canada. Whilst in the fully-monitored chamber, the skin temperature drops to 5°C. Brr!
- Wherever you are, there’s always ice cream, aka gelato, or as we like to call it, “summer breakfast.” Here’s a breakdown of the best ice cream and gelato in London, San Francisco, Rome, and Paris.
- If all else fails, flee summer by escaping to the southern hemisphere. Queenstown, New Zealand is covered in snow and the time is perfect to take advantage of some heli-skiing.